Monday, February 11, 2008

Big ass mountains and pioneers! (and sex, of course)

And before people served warm cookies on planes (yeah Midwest!), people used to cross that stuff. In wood wagons.

I have a confession. I am a weather sissy. Yup, that's right. Hi, my name is Elizabeth and I am a climate control freak. I was freezing in SF, I shudder at KC summers, the spring makes me sneeze. So, that means that for 25% of the year, I'm not obsessed with the weather and to how to control my immediate space. It also means that I am pretty much screwed wherever I live. I need a room to be cold and have LOTS of blankets for sleeping. I have frozen many a person out of my home. (roommates, of course!)

Body temperature and sex drive seemed to be linked in the American lexicon. That guy is "hot". So-and-so's wife is "frigid". (generally reserved for women) we describe people in words generally reserved for the 10 PM weatherperson.

Our blood pressure rising doesn't raise our body temperature THAT much. And when a woman doesn't want sex, it generally has nothing to do with a change in the weather. (seasonal affective disorder notwithstanding)

So why are temperature and sex drive so linked?

And does that mean I'm some sort of temperature dominatrix?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile